ATTENTION ALL KNIT and CROCHET DESIGNERS!
With plans underway for next year’s event, the Rose City Yarn Crawl (RCYC) is officially soliciting designers to submit proposals for our 2021 Mystery Alongs. As in past years, we are looking for both a Knit design and a Crochet design that will be fun and interesting to work over a series of five clues. This year we’re seeking design proposals for shawls and wraps – something to wrap up in to keep us cozy during these challenging times.
The Rose City Yarn Crawl (www.rosecityyarncrawl.com) is an annual event designed to highlight the amazing knitting and crochet scene here in the greater Portland, Oregon metro area. Organized by local yarn shops, the yarn crawl elevates and supports the entire crafting community. One of the highlights of the crawl is seeing literally hundreds of attendees wearing beautifully knit and crocheted Mystery-Along projects!
Proposals are due by July 19th. Our group will review the proposals and make the selection in late July, giving the designer three months to perfect their design. Here are the details:
What we need from you
Your proposal should include a rough idea for a never-before-released pattern, to debut in January 2021 as either the Mystery Knit Along or Mystery Crochet Along for the 2021 Rose City Yarn Crawl.
Pattern Deadlines and Expectations
• Design should be advanced-beginner to intermediate level of difficulty.
• Design can use 1 or 2 colors.
• Project yardage should be between 500 – 1000 yards.
• Designer to share design idea/swatches/yarn choices with Mystery-Along Team prior to getting started.
• Pattern and sample complete by October 30, 2020.
• Designer must have the pattern tested and tech-edited.
• Designer must break down the pattern into a “pre-clue” (yarn weight, characteristic, and color suggestions) and 5 distinct “clues.” Ample variety should exist from clue to clue so that interest is peaked with each new section.
Designer Participation Expectations
• Work with Mystery Team to correct/clarify/finalize pattern details in a timely fashion before release
• Provide Head Shot and Bio for Yarn Crawl Website
• Provide commentary to accompany release of each clue.
• Participate actively on RCYC and Designer’s Ravelry group page threads and RCYC and Designer’s social media from the start of pre-sales in early December through the release of the last clue in late February.
• If possible, attend selected Mystery Along activities at participating RCYC yarn shops.
Please include your fee requirements in your proposal. The Rose City Yarn Crawl LLC shall retain exclusive design and pattern rights through April 2022, for both hard copy and Ravelry sales. We’ll provide the yarn for designing, pattern formatting, photography, and will post each clue, as well as the final pattern on Ravelry. All rights to your design shall revert back on May 1, 2022; if you choose to release the pattern yourself after the exclusivity period, you are responsible for your own photography and re-formatting.
Interested? Please send a comprehensive bid (proposed design elements, fee, etc.) to email@example.com no later than July 19th, 2020. Questions? Send them to the same email address.
Thanks so much for your time and consideration. We’re so excited to see your creativity and ingenuity at work!