The Rose City Yarn Crawl LLC was formed by a group of yarn shop owners in 2012 to organize a yarn crawl in the Portland, Oregon area. To date, we’ve conducted 7 very successful crawls with more than 4,000 participants visiting our shops. Our goal as an organization is to celebrate local yarn shops in the Portland area, and to ensure a great experience for everyone who attends the crawl. To that end, based on data collected from surveys and other feedback, the following minimum requirements were adopted for potential new participating yarn shops:
- New members must be located within 15 driven miles from the downtown Portland Library.
- We do not generally accept any businesses located within residences or live/work spaces.
- The business must be a minimum of 500 square feet of retail space primarily dedicated to the retail sale of yarn, knitting/crochet supplies and accessories.
- New members must be in business for 12 months before submitting an application to participate. Applications received by April 1 will be considered for participation in the next scheduled Crawl.
- All new shops must be approved for participation by the Rose City Yarn Crawl LLC membership.
If you own a yarn shop that meets this criteria and/or you would like to discuss participating in the crawl, we encourage you to email us through our Contact page.